Friday, September 11, 2009

The Bryan Building

The Bryan Building is the home of the School of Business and Economics. This building is not easy to navigate, and I don't think it is because of add-ons and what not, I think it was built this way. The building was built in the 1960s, and so is similar in appearance to the Eberhart Building. I have not been in the Eberhart Building yet, but I would say it is a safe guess that it is not as confusing. The Bryan building is shaped somewhat like the letter C, zig-zagging its way around in a way that keeps you from being oriented. I am not sure what values the designer was trying to convey; business students need to practice finding their way around and traversing confusing situations? No center is present in this structure; I hear there is a food court, but have not found it yet... The presence of a food court would show a value of the students in the Bryan school. Long hours and hard work make for a hungry person, and I guess the Caf is too far of a walk for such busy people. There is a courtyard in the middle of the C that could continue that same value of working long hours. The students working towards their majors, must need everything of necessity in closer proximity.
I chose this picture because I only ended up with one good picture of the front of the building, and conveniently part of the class is in it. The teacher, Patrick, is seen waving in the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment